Two Americans – Charles Creighton and James Hargis – in the distant 1930 made one of the most “record” travel by car. The distance from New York to Los Angeles and back (and that’s more than 11 thousand kilometers!), They managed to overcome on the “back door”.2. In Australia, to prevent the death of koalas under the wheels of cars stretch artificial lianas from ropes connecting eucalypts on both sides of the route. Animals willingly use these bridges.3. The fastest truck among the trucks is the Hawaiian Eagle fire truck.
American Shenon Seidel worked on it for 3 years. Finally it was completed in 1998 and in the same year showed a speed of 655 kilometers per hour. Hawaiian Eagle was built in the fire department of Hawaii, where it is now. Externally it is made as a fire truck, but instead of water in the body of his two turbojet engines Rolls Royce Bristol Viper with a capacity of 6 thousand hp. and thrust on afterburner at 5500 kg each. Since the length of any straight section of the race track would be small for the braking distance at such speeds, he put a brake parachute on the car to reduce the speed.14.
The German Liebherr T 282B is the world’s largest car today. It weighs 222 tons, and to get into the cockpit of such a monster you have to climb the stairs of 16 steps. In his body you can freely transport a large country house. The truck’s payload is 363 tons – Liebherr T282B.25. The smallest car PeelP50 was released in England in 1962.
Its length was 134 centimeters, width – 99 cm. The machine contained only the driver and was dispersed to 64 kilometers per hour. Interestingly, there was no reverse gear in the gearbox of this car. But this was not a problem. At a weight of 59 kilograms (the body was made of fiberglass), it could easily be deployed in place, simply lifting one side of the bumper.6.
When designing the “Pobeda” car it was planned that the name of the car would be “Homeland”. Learning of this, Stalin ironically asked: “Well, how much will we have a homeland?”. Therefore the name was changed to “Victory”.7. Surprisingly, the first car, which exceeded the speed of 100 km / h, was an electric car.
It was designed in 1899 by race driver Camille Zhenatzi from Belgium.8. The first production car was the Ford Model T, it was manufactured from 1908 to 1927. Before that cars were made by teams of masters individually and cost a lot of money. And the car Ford in 1924 cost only 265 dollars.9.
Yuri Gagarin after the significant flight was awarded the “Volga” with the numbers 12-04 SAG, formed by the date of flight and initials. The next astronauts on the name machines were retained by the letters YUAG as the Star City index in the Moscow region, and the numbers continued to denote the date of the flight.10. Mitsubishi Pajero in the Spanish market was presented as Mitsubishi Montero, as in the local jargon the word “pajero” (read “pahero”) means “onanist”.11. Bugatti Veyron – the most expensive production car in the world, its cost exceeds 1.
7 million dollars. The cheapest car in the world is Indian Tata Nano, its cost is only 2.5 thousand dollars.
312. Typically, in Porsche cars, the ignition key is located to the left of the steering wheel. This is not done for lefties, but for the convenience of the first race drivers – according to the rules of the first Le Mans racing, the driver had to run to the car, jump into it and start moving. Accordingly, such an arrangement of the ignition key provided the drivers with an advantage at the start.13. Ferruccio Lamborghini started his business with the production of tractors. He was very fond of cars and had in his garage several different cars, including the Ferrari 250GT, which constantly had problems with the clutch. Once Lamborghini came to Enzo Ferrari and said that his cars are rubbish, to which Ferrari replied: “Maybe you are well versed in tractors, but you do not understand anything in sports cars.
” Then Lamborghini decided to produce his car, starting with the fact that he dismantled with his workers the very Ferrari and improved all the components.14. In 1865, England adopted a speed limit law for all self-propelled wagons, including early cars. According to him, in the urban area devices could move no faster than 3 km / h, in the countryside – 6 km / h. The crew of the car was to consist of three people, one of whom was obliged to go 50 meters ahead of her with a red flag (or red light at night). Only after 31 years, these restrictions were significantly relaxed.
15. Have you ever seen vintage car photos? If so, you might have noticed – moving cars in the pictures were obtained with oval wheels! This was due to the speed of the cameras at the time – the shutters with moving shutters created such an effect due to the rapid rotation of the wheels. However, then it was perceived as a blessing – it was believed that such images ideally convey speed and speed. Later, comic and cartoon artists adopted this feature and also began to depict cars with oval wheels.416. The longest car in the world is a limousine 30.5 meters long. The limousine is equipped with 2 driver’s cabs, located from different sides for comfortable movement in one and in the opposite direction.
This multifunctional vehicle is equipped with 26 wheels, two motors, has twelve axles, and turns only folding in the middle. The car is used mainly for exhibitions or filming in films.17. Initially, BMW produced aircraft engines, and the logo went to her from the “parent” – RappMotorenwerke. The production of this company was located in Bavaria, and therefore the segments of the circle were painted in white and blue.
After the “transformation” of the company, marketers came up with a legend for the BMW logo – a white propeller, dissecting the blue sky. And only after 10 years, BMW became a car manufacturer.18. 69-year-old Cha Sa Sun from South Korea in 2010 received a driver’s license. The first attempt to pass the exams, she took in 2005, but unsuccessfully. Since then, the theoretical part of the exam, she surrendered almost every day, and she managed to overcome the minimum barrier since the 950-th time.
Another 10 attempts she spent on the practical part. Unbending character made this woman a national heroine, and Hyundai after the successful completion of history gave her a car.19.
The Swedish company SAAB was founded in 1937, but initially produced only military aircraft. After the Second World War, the company decided to enter a new market and establish production of cars. The first prototype, called Ursaab, was developed by a group of 16 engineers. Of these, no one previously engaged in the design of cars, and only two had a driver’s license.
20. The word Land in the name of the car Land Cruiser Toyota borrowed in the name of another company – Land Rover. And before that the Land Cruiser was called the Toyota Jeep, because the Japanese thought that the jeep was a type of car, although in fact the Jeep brand was owned by Chrysler.521. A student from Malaysia for twenty years was included in the Guinness Book of Records for the longest running race.
The young record holder managed to spend at the wheel without a break for a dream and rest 100 hours!22. What should the driver do while driving? According to statistics, 66% of drivers at the wheel listen to music, 53% talk with passengers, 27% communicate on a mobile phone, 9% manage to eat and drink, and 2% even shave and paint! What can we say about the drivers of fixed-route taxis, who simultaneously manage to collect the fare for the trip, talk on the mobile and talk with the passengers, and even at the same time to peel seeds!23. The record for the number of passengers in a car belongs to Skoda Octavia – this is not the biggest car miraculously fit 32 people!24.
On automobile license plates in Russia only those letters which are present both in the Cyrillic alphabet and in the Latin alphabet are used. Such letters are only 12 – A, B, E, K, M, H, O, P, C, T, Y, X (the letter Y is conditionally corresponding to the letter Y).25. The most numerous state of cars belongs to the Sultan of Brunei – in four underground garages with a total area of ??1 square. kilometer is stored 5 thousand cars!26. The largest automaker in the world today is Toyota.
The second place is taken by General Motors, and on the third – by Volkswagen.27. The smallest armored vehicle is PAV1 Badger, created by Howe and Howe Technologies. Its width was only 1 meter! The car even got the nickname “the smallest tank”.6th28. In Formula One racing, women can participate on an equal basis with men.
However, for the whole history of the competition, only five women took part in them, only two of them could overcome the qualification and finish the race. In 1975, one of them – Italian Lella Lombardi – managed to score points in one of the grand prix, no woman succeeded in repeating this success.29. In 2007, balloons for cars with rustic mud were sold in England.
They are willingly bought by owners of SUVs that never leave the city, but want to justify the main purpose of their cars.30. In Nizhny Novgorod, at the All-Russian Industrial Exhibition in 1896, many people gathered to look at the incomprehensible “horseless carriage”. This miracle was nothing but the first Russian car! Auto with a single-cylinder engine of only 2 horsepower was built in St. Petersburg.31. In the afterburning mode at the highest engine speeds, about 7,000 rpm, the exhaust gases of the Aston Martin Vantage are heard within 6 kilometers.
32. Another automotive achievement appeared in the record book thanks to the Volkswagen Touareg SUV. This serial car made its way to the plateau of the volcano Ojos del Salado (Ojos del Salado). An extinct volcano is located in the Main Cordillera of the Andes of Argentina, near the border with Chile. The height is 6880 m (the second highest peak in the country). Above 5000 m – eternal snow.33. The fastest amphibian is Python from WaterCar.
The Californian engineers have equipped the development with the engine V8 from world famous supercar Chevrolet Corvette. According to the automaker, the amphibian sports car weighing 1,725 ??kg is capable of overclocking to 160 km / h on land, and almost 100 km / h on the water. Acceleration WaterCar Python to the first “hundred” takes only 4.5 seconds after the start.7th34. In Finland, the Lada Kalina car, exported from Russia, is known as Lada 119. This renaming is due to the fact that the word Kalina is translated from Finnish as a crack, rattling, rattling and knocking.
35. In a number of European countries, the Zhiguli cars were sold under the Lada brand because of associations with the dubious word “gigolo”.36. Julio Iglesias in his youth was a football goalkeeper and played for Madrid “Real”.
However, his football career was interrupted at the age of 20 years, when he got into a car accident and was hospitalized for three years. He was paralyzed, only his hands worked freely. Iglesias learned to play the guitar and subsequently became a famous musician.37. As of May 2008, there were 9 traffic lights in Cairo, home to more than 18 million people.38. The inventor of the radar Scottish physicist Robert Watson-Watt, stopped once by a policeman for speeding, exclaimed: “If I knew what you would do with it, you would never have invented a radar!”.
39. The fastest car is the supersonic Thrust SSC. The record of ground speed was established on October 15, 1997 in the Black Rock desert (Nevada, USA), on a specially created 21 km long track. The car was controlled by the pilot of the Royal Air Force fighter Andy Green. For the first time in history, a sound obstacle was overcome by a controlled land vehicle.
The speed of the car reached 1228 kilometers per hour. Interestingly, the sound barrier of the car was overcome exactly 50 years and one day after Charles Yeager on the experimental Bell X-1 aircraft overcame the sound barrier in the air.840. South African law allows for any degree of self-defense when it comes to the threat to life or property of a person.
To protect vehicles from theft, traps, electric shock and even flamethrowers are popular here.41. The car GAZ-21, there were many modifications. In 1965, the GAZ-21P model was even released – an export version with a right-hand drive. And in the same year they made the GAZ-21PE – the same model with the right-hand drive plus an automatic transmission.42.
Many know that Mercedes cars are named because of the daughter of the company’s founder – her name was Mercedes. But the three-beam star, which became a symbol of the company in 1909, symbolizes the success of the brand Mercedes on land, in water and in the air – in addition to cars, the owner of the brand Daimler also produced engines for cars and airplanes.43. The amount of the fine on the road in Finland depends on the incomes of the offender. So, for example, a fine of 170 thousand euro was received by the driver, whose annual income was about 7 million euros.44.
Not so long ago, residents of Saudi Arabia were forbidden to drive. Punishment – a fine of $ 300 and the opportunity to go to prison for a week. 45. The most popular car in the world was the Volkswagen Beetle – for the entire time of release, it sold more than 22 million of these cars around the world. Interestingly, this car was never officially called the “Beetle”, its name – Volkswagen 1200 (later Volkswagen 1600).
Only the front-wheel-drive retro model of 1998 is officially named Volkswagen New Beetle.946. ??It turns out that in Paris the bus is the fastest mode of transport.
Because buses, bypassing traffic jams, drive on specially allocated lanes, which are forbidden to stop the rest of the transport.47. In most countries, driving in a state of intoxicated is in every way prosecuted by law. But in Uruguay, a state of intoxication during an accident is regarded as a mitigating circumstance.48. The world’s first car with gasoline engine was designed by Karl Benz in 1885. Interestingly, almost immediately after the construction of the car kidnapped ..
. wife and sons of Benz!49. The most crowded roads in the world are in Luxembourg.
Here there are 570 cars per 1000 people.50. One of the biggest traffic jams in the history of human use of a car was formed in the Netherlands due to ice, the total length of congestion was 975 km.