“LETSROAM-A PERSONALIZED TRAVEL PLANNER” A PROJECT REPORT Submitted byDHWANI N.
SACHWANI (150420107507) DIKSHA T. MOHNANI (150420107508) SOURABH B. GARG (150420107550) MAITRI V. SAVANI (160423107512) Guided By: Prof. Dr.
Nirali Nanavati In fulfilment for the award of the degree Of BACHELOR OF ENGINEERING in COMPUTER ENGINEERINGSARVAJANIK COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING & TECHNOLOGYSURAT – 395001. GUJARAT TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY, AHMEDABAD.October-November 2018. ~ 1 ~ SARVAJANIK COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY Dr. R. K. DESAI MARG, ATHWALINES, SURAT-395001. DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER ENGINEERINGCERTIFICATEDate: / 11 / 2018Place: SCET, SuratThis is to certify that the project entitled Let’s Roam-A Personalized TravelPlanner has been carried out by Dhwani N.
Sachwani (150420107507), DikshaT. Mohnani(150420107508), Sourabh B. Garg (150420107550), Maitri V. Savani(160423107512) , students of B.E.IV (CO – shift 2), Semester-VII, under myguidance in fulfillment of the degree of Bachelor of Engineering in ComputerEngineering of Gujarat Technological University, Ahmedabad for the AcademicYear 2018-19.
Signature of Signature ofGuide Head of the Department————————————- ————————————-Prof. Dr. Nirali Nanavati Prof. (Dr.) Keyur RanaSignature of Jury Members————————– , ————————— , ————————— . ~ 2 ~ ACKNOWLEDGEMENTWe have tried our best efforts in our project entitled as “Let’s Roam-A Personalized Travel Planner” carried out in Computer Engineering at “Sarvajanik College of Engineering and Technology”. However, it would not have been possible without the support of our faculties.We are highly indebted to our guide, “Prof.
Dr. Nirali Nanavati” for their able guidance, constant monitoring, supervision as well as for providing pivotal information regarding the project and also their humble co-operation during the implementation stages our project. She has endeared us from the learning and processing the knowledge during the project work and her positive attitude has encouraged us to look forward well in all spheres.
We are thankful to Prof. (Dr.) Keyur Rana, HOD, Computer Department, SCET for his valuable guidance at every stage of our project and our curriculum activities. Our gratitude and appreciation to our friends in manifesting the project and other teaching and non-teaching staff (All Stakeholders of Computer Department) who have willingly helped us with their abilities.Submitted by:Dhwani N. Sachwani -150420107507Diksha T. Mohnani -150420107508Sourabh B. Garg -150420107550Maitri V.
Savani -160423107512 ~ 3 ~ ABSTRACTTraveling Apps, are a helping hand for the user in today’s world, which helps them to explore the destination they want to. There are various apps available which helps the customer to get packages of their desired destination. But in the current scenario, we are surrounded with apps that offer us packages according to their convenience and usually skip a lot of options that the user might have loved exploring.
There are the situations when the user has to refer to various apps while they are traveling and also this becomes a huge problem as we sometimes get confused about where to go and the time gets wasted. Let’s Roam is an application in which the user will be asked to enter their budget range and accordingly we will suggest hotels, sightseeing and restaurants. Once the package selection is done, scheduling will be based on their personal choice and thus these will help them to make their trip plan in advance as per their will. Thus, after the schedule is done, they are ready to go. ~ 4 ~ INDEXLIST OF FIGURES. 61. INTRODUCTION1.
1. Problem Statement… 71.2. Aim and Objectives of the project… 71.
3. Problem Specification1.3.1. Tools and Methods required 81.3.2.
Modules of the project. 91.3.3. Requirement Analysis and Design 1.3.3.
1. System Flow Diagram………………………………………………………126.96.36.199. Class Diagram 121.3.3.
3. Sequence Diagrams 131.3.
3.4. Activity Diagram 141.3.
3.5. Gantt Chart 152. DESIGN: ANALYSIS, DESIGN METHODOLOGY AND IMPLEMENTATION STRATEGY2.1 AEIOU Canvas 172.2. Empathy Mapping Canvas… 182.3.
Ideation Canvas… 192.4. Product Development Canvas 203.
IMPLEMENTATION3.1 Actual Implementation 253.2. Snapshots 264. CONCLUSION ; FUTURE WORK 285.
REFERENCES 29 ~ 5 ~ LIST OF FIGURESFigure No. Figure Caption Page No. 1. System flow diagram 11 2. Class diagram 123. Sequence Diagram 134.
Activity diagram 14 5. Gantt Chart 156. AEIOU Canvas 17 7.
Empathy Mapping Canvas 188. Ideation Canvas 199. Product Development Canvas 20 10.
Snapshot_1 2611. Snapshot_2 2612. Snapshot 3 2713. Snapshot 4 2714. Snapshot_5 28 ~ 6 ~ 1.
INTRODUCTION1.1. Problem StatementOur project entitled as “Let’s Roam -A Personalized Travel Planner” is based on problems mostly faced by people who love travelling but cannot plan their trips according to their budget and requirements. To handle this problem in a precise manner, we shall be trying to provide a solution where-in, our application will take user requirements and other preferences to recommend user a itinerary completely personalized for the user.The various problems that we deal with using the traditional travel apps are: -1. No customized budget packages.2. No proper personalized scheduling as normally the user has to follow as per they say.
3. No customer interaction with the apps as the above web provider didn’t ask the customer to make the package as per their choice.1.
2. Aim and Objectives of the projectAim: The aim of our project is to design an Android application which provides the travelers information about the various sightseeing, hotels & restaurants suitable for them taking into consideration their preferences and budget.Objectives:• The aim of this project is to design an application which will be customer’s own application –Lets Roam.• It is an application that enables a user to make his/her planning trips.
• This will not only enable a user to form his/her customized packages but also makes schedules for them so that the user can have a well-planned trip.• This application will act as a tour guide for them so that they can enjoy and have wonderful memories of their life• It will also suggest the user about the interesting places around them so that if they complete a sightseeing before time, then they will be able to explore the restaurants, malls and the shopping street around them. ~ 7 ~ 1.3.
Problem Specification1.3.1. Tools and Methods requiredAndroid StudioAndroid Studio is the official integrated development environment (IDE) for Google’s Android operating system, built on JetBrains’ IntelliJ IDEA software and designed specifically for Android development. We are going to use it for developing our web application.
Web Scrapper -SeleniumWeb scraping, web harvesting, or web data extraction is data scraping used for extracting data from websites.Web scraping software may access the World Wide Web directly using the Hypertext Transfer Protocol, or through a web browser.While web scraping can be done manually by a software user, the term typically refers to automated processes implemented using a bot or web crawler.It is a form of copying, in which specific data is gathered and copied from the web, typically into a central local database or spreadsheet, for later retrieval or analysis.The web scrapper that we are going to use is Selenium.Selenium is a web application testing framework that supports for a wide variety of browsers and platforms including Java, .Net, Ruby, Python and other.
The Selenium IDE is the popular tool for browser automation, mostly for its software testing application, yet also in that Web Scraping techniques for tough dynamic websites may be implemented with IDE along with the Selenium Remote Control server.Second we are using chrome driver 2.42 latest driver for fetching the value from websites.
~ 8 ~ 1.3.2. Modules of the projectI. Scheduling.• Proper planning makes all the difference between a rushed, stressful trip and a restful, worry-free vacation, whether you’re traveling during the height of vacation season or just a quick weekend getaway.
• All this can now be solved with Let’s Roam application.• The details such as preferences, budget, location, number of people travelling, gender, age will be taken from users.• The user requirements will be the input to recommendation system.• The user will then select hotels and sight-seeing from the output of recommendation.
• This will be then passed to scheduling algorithm.• The scheduling algorithm will then make a proper schedule of the trip considering constraints such as number of days of visit and the user preferences.• The users can view their trip in itinerary view.II. Tracking.• Nothing takes the fun out of a vacation like getting stuck in traffic or because of bad weather and sometimes you visit the place before the scheduled time.• The rerouting will be done in above cases.
• But loading Let’s Roam on your phone before you hit the road can spare you some frustration.• The app will use contextual data such as location and weather.• Location:• The raw sensor data from GPS will be processed to make assumptions about the user’s current context in order to then make recommendations.• Weather:• Weather data from World Weather Online API can provide the weather conditions for the user’s current location. If the prevailing conditions are not favorable for visiting outdoor attractions then this is taken in account. ~ 9 ~ III. Customized Package.
• The details such as preferences, budget, location, number of people travelling, gender, age will be taken from users.• The user requirements will be the input to recommendation system.• The output of the recommendation system will be a customized package giving the lists of sight-seeing and hotels based on the budget and user preferences.IV. Recommender System• Here for recommender system we are going to use two system i.e.
collaborative filtering and content based filtering. The flow of the recommender system engine is as follows:- ~ 10 ~ 1.3.3. Requirement Analysis and Design1.
3.3.1. System Flow DiagramFigure 1: System flow diagram ~ 11 ~ 1.
3.3.2. Class DiagramFigure 2: Class diagram ~ 12 ~ 1.3.3.
3. Sequence DiagramFigure 3: Activity Diagram ~ 13 ~ 1.3.3.
4. Activity DiagramFigure 4:Sequence Diagram ~ 14 ~ 188.8.131.52. Gantt ChartFigure 5: Workflow diagram ~ 15 ~ 2. DESIGN: ANALYSIS, DESIGN METHODOLOGY AND IMPLEMENTATION STRATEGY2.1.
AEIOU CanvasDescription:? AEIOU stands for 5 elements to be coded: Activity, Environment, Interaction, Object, and User.1. Activities are goal-directed sets of actions—paths towards things people want to accomplish.
What are the modes people work in, and the specific activities and processes they go through?2. Environments include the entire arena where activities take place. What is the character and function of the space overall, of each individual’s spaces, and of shared spaces?3. Interactions are between person and someone or something else; they are the building blocks of activities. What is the nature of routine and special interactions between people, between people and objects in their environment, and across distances?4. Objects are building blocks of the environment, key elements sometimes put to complex or unintended uses and alas, changing their function, meaning and context. What are the objects and devices people have in their environments and how do they relate to their activities?5. Users are the people whose behaviors, preferences, and needs are being observed.
Who is there? What are their roles and relationships? What are their values and prejudices? ~ 16 ~ Figure 6: AEIOU Canvas2.2. Empathy Mapping CanvasDescription:• In empathy mapping canvas there are users and stakeholders with whom the user is directly or indirectly interacting.
Fig 2.2 shows that the user can be any traveller or any customer, visitors, etc.• Moreover, there are activities done by users . In the end there is story boarding which contain two happy stories and two sad stories describing the need to develop this project and the situation where it can be helpful.~ 17 ~