Facts about Animals1.
There are around 50 million monkeys in India.2. Chinese farmers have half of the pigs in the world.3. Giraffe age can be calculated by the spots. The darker the spots, older the giraffe.4. Camels can survive without water for about 2 weeks.
5. Kangaroo males smell the female’s urine to know if she is ready for mating.6. Elephants can smell the water from 3 miles.
7. Snakes are without eyelids.8.
Elephants sleep for only 2-3 hours a day.9. Rats reproduce so quickly that in just 18 months, 2 rats could create more than 1 million relatives.10. Hippopotamus give birth in water. 11.
Frogs absorb water from the skin.12. Octopus has three hearts.13. Owls don’t have eyeball rather it have eye tubes.14. Chow-chow is the only dog who doesn’t have a pink tongue. 15.
Elephants, humpback whales, and humans are the only mammals who undergo menopause.16. There are some South African worms that can grow up to 6 meters.17. Even when the snake closed its eyes, it can still see through the eyelids.18. Rats reproduce so quickly that in just 18 months, 2 rats could create more than 1 million relatives.19.
Alligators can live more than 100 years.20. Ants don’t have lungs.21. A Monarch butterfly can lay up to 250 eggs per day!22. Baby horses can walk and run just a few after their birth.23.
Humpback whales produce the loudest sounds among all living organisms. The sound they produce can be heard at a distance of 800 meters.24. On average, flies live no more than 2-3 weeks.25. Saharan silver ants can live in temperature up to 158 degrees Fahrenheit. 26.
Unlike humans, sheep have four stomachs, each of which helps them digest the food they eat.27. Squirrels cannot see the red color.28. Chicken can lay 260 eggs per year.29. The butterfly has 12,000 eyes. 30.
Bats are the only mammals that can fly.31. There are pink dolphins in Amazon River.
32. Sloth needs 2 weeks to digest its food.33. Hummingbirds can fly backward as well.
34. Sometimes Female black widow spiders kill and eat their partners after mating. 35. The elephants have the longest gestation period of all mammals.
Elephant mother carries a fetus for 22 months. 36. There are different kinds of zebras, each of which differs in number and arrangement of black bands on the body.37.
A woodpecker can peak at around 20 times a second.38. Snails can regenerate eye if it loses one.39. Stonefish is the most poisonous fish in the world.40.
Tigers have stripes on the skin, and no two tigers can have same strips, it is unique like fingerprints.41. Heart of whale beats only nine times a minute.42. The placing of donkey’s eyes is such they can see all the four legs at all the time.
43. Snails can sleep for three years without food and water. 44. Ants never sleep.45. The tongue of a blue whale weighs the same as the weight of an average elephant.46. No bat can walk because bat has very thin leg bones.
47. Blue whales are the largest animal in the world.48. Cows have 4 stomachs.49. Sharks embryos each their siblings for nutrition and survival.
50. Spider Tarantula can survive for 2 years without food.51.
A grasshopper can jump 20 times the length of its body.52. Flamingos are white but they get a pink color because of the algae they eat. 53. Catfish have taste receptors throughout the body.54.
Deer have no gallbladder.55. The Chinese soft-shelled turtle can expel urea out of its mouth.56. Peacock is considered the most beautiful bird among the otters. Peacock is a very close relative of the cock.57. Cats can hear ultrasound.
58. Sharks lived before dinosaurs! The fossils of sharks are dated 450 million years.59.
A 20-meter eel can produce energy that can ignite 12 light bulbs.60. Koala’s fingerprints are similar to human fingerprints.
61. The ostrich’s eye is bigger than the size of its brain.62. Even after the jellyfish has died, it can still sting.